When looking for a reputable valet service for hire, it is important to carefully research the companies you’re considering. There are many moving parts in a valet parking operation and you’d be surprised how many things can go wrong. We’re not trying to scare you. It may all run smoothly, but if there’s ever a problem, it will be far worse if you’ve chosen a bad valet service. For the good of your business, it’s critical that your valet service handles any issue that arises with honesty, integrity and professionalism.
What are some examples of bad valet service?
Whether you’re hiring valet parking service for a restaurant, a hospital or a special event, learn as much as you can about the company. You’re entrusting the care of your customers or patients, their vehicles and belongings, and your business property into the hands of people you don’t know. Make sure the company is reliable and that they have professional, trustworthy employees.
Be on the lookout for these red flags:
- Insufficient, non-existent or fake insurance – This can leave the client on the hook for damages and loss, if a vehicle gets in an accident or is stolen, or if there is some type of personal injury, theft of belongings or property damage.
- Staff has no workers’ compensation – A low-cost valet service for hire will typically pay their employees as contractors, with no workers compensation. If they become injured while on the job, it will be the responsibility of the property owner, event production company or all parties involved.
- Non-Compliance and Bad PR – With low-cost providers that pay employees as contractors, a business may receive bad press for contracting with a vendor that doesn’t abide by federal and state employment laws
What Can Go Wrong with a Valet Service?
If you think about it, there are quite a few things that can go wrong when working with a valet service for hire. They may use inexperienced drivers or employ illegal workers who have no insurance. A bad valet service might damage one of your customer’s vehicles, get into an accident or cause damage to your property. If there is an accident, there may be personal injury. What else can happen after hiring a valet parking service that is not top-notch? There may be the theft of guests’ belongings or worse still, a vehicle may be stolen.
Can You Lose Customers Due to a Bad Valet Experience?
Poor valet service reflects on your business. Having a problem with a valet service will turn someone off to the entire experience, whether it’s dining at an upscale restaurant, staying at a resort, shopping in an exclusive boutique or visiting a relative at the hospital. The customer experience is extremely important, and you’ll find that they won’t separate the valet service from your organization. Of course, this also means that if it’s a great experience, that will reflect favorably upon your business.
How Can You Be Sure to Hire a Good Valet Company?
If you take these steps before you choose a valet service for hire, you’ll be far more likely to find a highly professional agency with the necessary insurance, trustworthy drivers and exceptional service.
A good valet company will have the following:
- Positive online reviews
- A track record of outstanding service
- Formal and professional proposal and communication
- Certificate of Insurance – Call insurance provider to confirm that coverage is properly represented on the certificate without exclusions
Before you make your decision, ask a lot of questions about their company and employees. They should also be asking you questions about your business and your valet needs. The best valet service for hire should seamlessly integrate into your organization and provide excellent service to your customers.